Evaluation of current teaching arrangements and use of facilities at the academy.
As you are aware, in the last OFSTED report it was highlighted that as well as improving the quality of teaching and learning and strengthening leadership and management, the academy needs to: ‘evaluate the current arrangements for boys’ and girls’ teaching and use of academy facilities at Key Stages 3 and 4 to maximise curriculum breadth, and to ensure opportunities for social interaction and equality of opportunity are promoted fully’.
To this effect I would like to inform you that the academy will carry out an evaluation of the current arrangements. This will include:
• The teaching arrangements for boys and girls
• The use of academy facilities
• Opportunities for social interaction and equality of opportunity
The process will be as follows:
• Consultation with governors and sponsor on 1st June 2015 through the Raising Achievement Board and Local Governing Body Meeting.
• Subject to ratification, consultation with students and staff starting on 2nd June 2015 using a questionnaire.
• Consultation with parents starting on the week beginning 8th June 2015 using a questionnaire and a further meeting on Wednesday 10th June 2015.
• Feedback on the main findings shared with all stakeholders week beginning 22 June 2015. Further information will follow to outline the format of these.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and commitment to our academy and I look forward to hearing your views regarding this key aspect of our journey. Your support and involvement will enable the Crest Academies to take its rightful place in the community as a centre of excellence and a first choice school.
If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at the academy.
Mr. Mohsen Ojja
Page 1 of 6